Sunday, September 6, 2009

Design Girl Wannabe In The Kitchen

I have been taking small steps to transform my kitchen into a place that brings me joy. Since I spend a vast majority of my day in it, I decided to start here on my Design Girl Wannabe adventure.

This spot is the place I start and end my day. I can't tell you how a few feet of counter space has quite simply brought me such happiness! First, let's start with the obvious. I love my red coffee pot. It is the second one we have purchased because we killed the first red coffee pot. When we went to look for a replacement, I just could not envision any other faithful friend sitting there...so we bought another. Red is a color that I love and it has to be in my kitchen!

Second, my stainless canisters are filled with sweetener & my favorite coffee, Komodo Dragon from Starbucks. Pricey? Yes, but oh so worth the splurge when you are talking 6AM!!! Love this coffee. Must have it. Enough said.

Next, I have to tell you about the "Coffee Light" as my husband calls it. I purchased this small light at Walmart last fall from the Better Homes & Garden line. I have moved it all around my home and finally found the perfect spot. It is gorgeous at night when I switch it on and turn off the overhead lights. The best part is that it only cost about $10!

The picture is an absolute favorite of me walking with my girls. My husband has a gift with photography so I am truly blessed. It is a visual reminder of Deuteronomy 6:6-7 that says to diligently teach your children all that you remember as you sit in your house and as you walk along the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up. (paraphrased). I put it here because I need to be reminded of this precious mission.

The paper towel holder is practical and honestly not the prettiest item. But, it was one of the first things I spray painted this summer. It had been white, and I decided to change it to black. This inspires me to see that little changes can make a huge impact.

I hope that I can encourage you to start small, gather a few things you love and begin an adventure of your own! Now, I have to go get the coffee ready for another day.

Looking forward,
Stacey

2 comments:

  1. Love it! We have the same coffee pot. I like the idea of painting the paper towel holder. Mine sticks out like a sore thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! I think a red wall in the kitchen would be fab too!!!

    ReplyDelete