Friday, June 25, 2010

A Sweet Treat




Today I have the sweetest treat to be a guest barista at Internet Cafe Devotions. Awhile back, I took a step of faith and sent them a rework of a post I wrote here called I Need Thee Every Hour. To my surprise, they sweetly accepted and chose today to post it. You can read it by clicking here.

I also wanted to share a Sweet Treat with you. My friend Krystal made a cake last month for my birthday and put this amazing Peanut Butter Frosting on it. I knew from from the first bite that I wanted to share it with you. So this weekend, when you are doing your weekly shopping, pick up a cake mix, make this homemade frosting, and share it with your family and friends. They really will think you are the sweetest thing! (Or sit and eat it directly from the bowl while you are watching the new BBC version of Emma...another sweet thing you will love!)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/3 cup cream

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner's sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream. Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost one 2 layer 9 inch cake or one 9x13 inch cake.
***Recipe taken from AllRecipe.com

Looking Forward,

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey, I am your newest follower. I hope you'll return the favor and visit me as well. I came over from the Internet Cafe.

    I commented there that our church hosts Campus Crusade each year too. Are you a part of an Every Nation church? We are.

    Anyway -- nice to meet you! (Funny, I posted a recipe today as well.)

    Blessings!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Love me some peanut butter! :D For some reason I can't get to the post via your link.
    :(

    Have a great Friday!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pb frosting sounds delicious, especially on a chocolate cake. Sometimes I just crave pb and chocolate...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I LOVE peanut butter! =) I'm heading over to check out your post right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacey ... I just found your blog and enjoyed this post and scrolling through - but mostly enjoyed the "about you" section. You sound like an amazing person! I'll be back for more :)
    oxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete