Monday, August 24, 2009

Strong Girls & New Sidebar

Today we are going to start a new time together called "Strong Girls" where I begin to help them discover what makes them unique and strong girls. I will primarily be using a workbook put together Jennifer Fox but I will also use art and other things I think will help us on this journey.

Today we are going to start by doing a fun art project with their names and I'm going to interview them. Here are some of the questions:

1. Who is your best friend?
2. Who is your greatest hero?
3. What is your most precious possession?
4. What is the last book you read and did you like it?

I will also be adding a new sidebar to the blog called "My Children are Reading". I love to get suggestions for great books and thought you might like this too.

Looking Forward,
Stacey

3 comments:

  1. Jake loves the Boxcar Children Mysteries - and there is always one we haven't read at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you are studying your children. It's recently come to my attention that I need to renew my efforts in this area. And last night Chris and I were asking ourselves (after evaluating a Myers-Briggs test he took for class), how much are we reprimanding our children for not having our personalities?

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, I love your banner picture. That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete