Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chair Time - Secrets


I've been thinking about secrets lately. Saturday I had a date with my oldest daughter and we shared secrets about the power of beauty. She is only 10, but we are taking the time now to be purposeful and talk openly about growing up to be the kind of girl that God desires her to be. We had a lovely time at the Art Museum, lunch at Panera and a stroll through the mall. She is an expert at picking out the not so modest clothing that seems to be everywhere these days. I made a promise to her to help her create her own unique artistic style that would only captivate one man - her future husband. These secrets are precious for me to share with her.

But the Lord also has secrets to share. They are precious to me too. Look at this amazing verse in Deuteronomy 29:29

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and our sons forever..."

My heart desires to be one who the Lord bends close to and reveals much. Am I putting myself in a place of trust for the things He desires to reveal to me? And the neat thing is, they are not just mine. They belong to my daughters (no sons here :) forever. The things He is revealing to me, I am to reveal to them. (Duet. 6:6-7) Wow! That is rich!

Looking Forward,
Stacey

Question: How about you? What has God been revealing to you that you will be able to pass on to your sons or daughters forever?

*I highly recommend this amazing resources called Secret Keeper Girl that has 8 great dates with your daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm attending Relevant too!!! I really liked this post. I won a copy of this book a while ago and started going through it with my six year old daughter (modifying it a little for her age). Now everyday we both do a modesty check (she lets me know when I'm showing too much!) I'm both nervous and excited as she starts to get older and I realize she's looking to me to show her what it means to be a Godly lady.

    ReplyDelete